Transformation settings availability

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Transformation settings availability

Post by davidh »

I often need to check settings of a transformation used in a branch. So I reopen the transformation, check and cancel. When cancelling, the transformation settings are restored even if no change has been made. It is not a problem unless you use resource hungry transformations like Precise Gausian Blur, Watercolor, Advanced Sharpen, etc. with some more demanding settings.

I guess checking whether any changes have been made would be too laborious and quite possibly not worth it. But could this information be available somewhere else? For example, since the settings are saved somewhere and read when a script is loaded, could they be displayed in the Image info box in an additional tab? Or perhaps a mouse hover over a thumbnail might display a description box?
jsachs

Re: Transformation settings availability

Post by jsachs »

This works differently depending on the transformation. There is code to check if settings have changed, but for the transformations that have their own previews within the transformation dialog (Precise Gaussian, Gaussian, Advanced Sharpen, Unsharp Mask, Bilateral Sharpen, Layout, Frame, Watercolor...), the full transformation only gets computed if you click Apply, in which case a Cancel should restore the previous settings if they have changed, but I have not added code to check for that case yet so it always restores the settings currently. For other transformations it does check and restore only if the settings have changed.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I think I have this cleaned up for the next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Thanks a lot. An extra time for creativity.
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Post by den »

Jonathan...

You might also consider that when a transform's OK settings equal the last 'Apply' settings, that the transform does not re-calculate before closing... ...particularly in the case of Bilateral or Advanced sharpening.

...den...