Problems reloading Workspace scripts with multiple branches

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

fmarques
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Olympus

Problems reloading Workspace scripts with multiple branches

Post by fmarques »

Hi,

When I have a multiple branch workspace I am not able to reload it correctly; for example, If I:

1) Open an image
2) Apply some transformations to it (only one linear branch with transformations until now)

3) Then I add a side branch (splitter), so

4) in the left branch I apply some transformation, and
5) in the right branch I apply another transformation,

Now I have an initial linear branch splitted into two different branches:

-- 1 ---> Open
-- 2 ---> A sequence of transformations
-- 3 ---> Split into two branches
-4 -- 5 ---> Two branches, a transformation in each of them.

where 4 & 5 are different transformations applied to the image in 3)

6) Now, I save the workspace with a "Save Workspace script command ..." (it doesnt matter if I execute it" with image name"s or "with image copies", as the problem always appears).

Then, I close PW8 and reopen it. Now, I try to reload the saved Workspace (with the Open workspace script command) but some errors appear:

"Missing current image ..."
"Error processing command: current_image"
"Error processing workspace script file: ..."

After this, PW8 still works, but only show one of the branches (not both of them).

Hope this help. Sorry if it is confussing, but it is a bit difficult to explain a complex behaviour. Maybe I am doing something incorrectly?

Regards,

Francisco
PWP user from the last 90s ...
jsachs

Re: Problems reloading Workspace scripts with multiple branches

Post by jsachs »

I am unable to reproduce this here without more information. I followed the directions in your post but did not get any error messages using an image and transformations I selected at random.

After you set up your images and are about to save the workspace, please run the command: Help/Display Image Tree. Then copy and paste the text in the dialog box into a text file. Next, save the workspace script. Then email me both the saved text file and the workspace script. The problem probably does not depend on the original image file, but if you email me that as well, then I should be able to reproduce exactly what you are doing. Also, please include a screen shot of your color management settings, if possible.

My email is jsachs@dl-c.com

Thanks in advance
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
fmarques
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Olympus

Post by fmarques »

Ok, done.

Let me know if you need something else.

IMPORTANT: It is possible that the problem is related to applying a Compare transformation just before cancelling this Compare transf., and then saving the workspace script. In fact,

If I execute the compare transf. previously to save the script --> Then, there are problems reloading the workspace, but,
If I do not execute the compare transf, then it seems there is not problem.

Francisco
PWP user from the last 90s ...
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I rebuilt the workspace with your image and all the transformations and splitters, and I was able to save the script and reload it OK.

After doing a compare of the two monochrome images and canceling it and then saving the workspace script I did get the error, so I can confirm what you are saying.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Fixed for next release
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color