Load Color Curves File...

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Load Color Curves File...

Post by den »

Ref: PWP 8.0 msi, 180518

Not an immediate need [more of a reminder] but noticed that only *.cc files are recognized by the Color Curves transform Settings menu - Load Color Curves File dialog... ...the Help indicates the eventual capability to recognize/load Photoshop *.acv and *.amp files.
Load Color Curves File dialog_Help-1.jpg
Load Color Curves File dialog_Help-1.jpg (278.69 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
Until this capability is available, one can Load *.acv files and Save as *.cc files using PWP7's Color Curves transform and then Cut/Paste them to PWP8's Color Curves folder.

...den...
jsachs

Re: Load Color Curves File...

Post by jsachs »

It was an inadvertent omission. For the next release, I added support back in for reading ACV and AMP files. I don't have any AMP files to test on, but the ACV seemed to work fine.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Re: Load Color Curves File...

Post by den »

Confirm that the 180519 updated "Load Color Curves File" reads/loads photoshop *.acv color curves.

If anyone would like to try Photoshop color curves, there are PWP8 illustrations/links to "Film Effects with Curves" by Petteri Sulonen here:
http://www.l7.org/IMAGEs_by_DEN/tutoria ... /index.htm

Just un-zip the files and save them to PWP8's Color Curves folder.

When using the suggested curves, I tend to prefer a combination of Proviaesque and Velviaesque, either with a preference image area(s) Blend-ing and/or 1:1 Clone-ing.

If there is further interest, I have a collection of monochromatic Photoshop curves gathered over the years whose sources I have forgotten or are no longer available on the internet... .. .but from time to time are still favored.

...den...