Display and Zoom functions still out of synchronization

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Display and Zoom functions still out of synchronization

Post by davidh »

Alpha-15.5-5
24 or 48 bit images

It is still not possible to Zoom Out and Zoom 1:1 the output image in split screen.
(With the right image in my contribution to den's post I ment the image on the right: the output image. Sorry for the inconvenience)

Some more observations:

-loading a Source Image (the same or different) sets the split screen button on, but does not display the Scrolling button, both groups of zoom buttons are enabled even with the different input and source images

-toggle the split screen button -> the Scrolling button does show but is out of synch with the zoom buttons

-set the synchronized scrolling off and click the output image Zoom 1:1 button -> nothing happens,
then set synchronized scrolling on -> input display zooms 1:1
the same happens with the output image Zoom Out button, but not with the Zoom Out button

-reloading a Source Image after Reset does not automatically split the screen and does not refresh the display buttons

-go to Amount choose New mask... -> the split screen is not automatically displayed (unlike with other tools and tranformations)
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Re: Display and Zoom functions still out of synchronization

Post by den »

Thank you davidh for the continued observations...

My observations for PWP 8.0.exe 180515-5

When the Clone tool has split screen display where tool mode is One-to-One cloning and Input/Source image has 1:1 registration with the Preview/Output image:
1) + zooms-in Preview/Output image only [right screen]
2) - zooms-out Input/Source image only [left screen]
3) "zoom to fit" changes only Preview/Output image [right screen]
4) "1:1" changes only the Input/Source image [left screen]
5) When Preview/Output image is zoomed-in to have scroll provisions, the vertical/horizontal scroll only changes Input/Source image [left screen]
Screenshot (10)-1.jpg
Screenshot (10)-1.jpg (237.04 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
Still observe that single display tool dialog display buttons [Input/Preview] will show only the Input/Source image, ie, not switching between Input/Source and Preview/Output images as expected.

Question: Is the expectation for synchronization not realizable as the Clone Tool Output image is not the same as a Preview image under other circumstances of 1:1 registration because of the changes made by the clone brush?

...den...
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

When I try to reproduce this with 15.5, I set up clone with two versions of the same image and cloning 1:1 between them.
The split screen zoom buttons (all 8 of them) are active on both halves of the screen and work as expected.
I do see a problem with the scroll bars not working on either side.

When you select the non-split display modes, the image you see depends on whether the output image or the auxiliary input image is selected in the image browser.

I understand synchronized scrolling is valuable if the two images are the same size, and I hope to add this later. For now I am focused on trying to get PWP into a stable state that does not crash or behave erratically, so I am keeping a number of tasks on hold. Until then, there is no synchronized scrolling if there are two different images in split screen, even if they are the same size.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

OK, so perhaps for some future reference, or maybe someone might try to confirm it or not, here is in brief what I am getting on two different PCs:

A. If nothing is loaded into the Source Image (Output Image is choosen) then
- all Zoom buttons work correctly.

B. However, if an image is loaded into Source Image (Output Image is not choosen) then
- two right half zoom buttons control the right half image (OK)
- the other two of the right half zoom buttons control left half image (?)

-----------------

If this is not intended, here are again some details for B.:
(applies to all Cursors options)

When Synchronized scrolling button is ON (left half group of zoom buttons is disabled) then
- right half Zoom- and Zoom 1:1 buttons control left half image
- right half Zoom+ and Zoom to fit buttons control right half image

When Synchronized scrolling button is OFF (both groups of zoom buttons are enabled) then
- left zoom buttons work correctly with the left half image
- right zoom buttons behave like above but since the scrolling button is OFF it is not
visible in the left half image. To see it: click right Zoom 1:1 and then turn the
dialog scrolling button ON -> the left half image will be zoomed 1:1
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I did make some changes for 16-May that should help some of the problems but there are remaining issues that I will get to later.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color