Layout - removing panels

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Layout - removing panels

Post by davidh »

1. start the Layout,
2. add a panel and select proportion: Panel size matches image size in pixels.
3. load an image larger than the page -> you get the message "Panel size exceeds output image size. Image will be cropped to fit."
4a. press OK -> the panel grows up and to the right from its lower left corner (x,y)
5. add another panel and follow the same steps from 2 to 4
6. make current the first panel and use the button "-" to remove it -> this brings PWP down

Generally, it seems to happen with any Proportion, but selecting either of the last two proportions: Panel size matches image... provides one more observation:

4b. click the panel or try to move it -> it fills up the whole page.
Since the image is larger than the page, it cannot be moved over the page. Why does it not fill the whole page at step 4a?

Finally I encountered this behavior:
1. add three panels
2. remove the second -> the second panel is removed, but the third panel also disappears except for its empty rectangle which can be made visible by activating the panel icon in the browser.
I have not found a way to get it back into its rectangle. If you load the missing image into another panel, you also get another copy of the same panel icon in the browser
jsachs

Re: Layout - removing panels

Post by jsachs »

I did find a serious problem in deleting panels which I will work on tomorrow.

I also need to re-think the panel size vs page size issues.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color