*.workplace scripts - no image names Question

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

*.workplace scripts - no image names Question

Post by den »

Is there a way to start/execute a workplace script with no names in the middle of an active workflow in progress?

For instance:
1) open an image
2) perform a Color Curves transform and OK
3) Start/Load "*.workplace script" on the resulting 2) image and execute
4) perform Multi Color Balance on the resulting 3) image sequence and OK
5) end of workflow

FYI initially, I had random "program stop working" instances when Opening a saved *.workplace script (no names) and subsequently opening an image to process but that was a couple of days ago with previous PWP 8.0.exe versions. I have not been able to duplicate the problem. It might also have something to do with cold system startups each morning.

I have noticed that a "workplace script" saved with no names will save its original starting image name:
...image index 1 caption ″Modify_Step1.jpg″ parent -1 bypass -1 same_size 0 size_specific 0 n_inputs 0 n_masks 0 command ‴file_open pathname ″″ filetime ″″‴...
but it seems to be overwritten with name of the image to which the script is applied.

...den...

If there is an interest, I can publish a "*.workplace script" that performs the Vibrance-SkinHue HSV-Saturation adjustment described here:
http://www.l7.org/IMAGEs_by_DEN/tutoria ... 180204.pdf

Thank you for the link to "BabelPad". It is more convenient to use than Notepad with its auto 'wrap' of PWP8's script text lines to see/edit the files: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1340#p6506
jsachs

Re: *.workplace scripts - no image names Question

Post by jsachs »

There is no way currently to insert a script or workspace scripts in the middle of a branch. The tricky thing about scripts that leads to the way they have been implemented is that you need to save all the images upon which a given image depends in order to restore it later, and this means saving all the way back to all the top level images it depends on. Therefore you could not insert it in the middle of a branch.

I haven't tried this, but what you should be able to do is create a workflow that starts with a Copy transformation followed by the steps you want to apply and save it as a workspace script. When you reload it, you can edit the Copy to point to whatever image you want and the result should ripple through.

>> I have noticed that a "workplace script" saved with no names will save its original starting image name:

What you are seeing is the saved image caption and not the pathname which has been replaced with "".
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Re: *.workplace scripts - no image names Question

Post by den »

...create a workflow that starts with a Copy transformation followed by the steps you want to apply and save it as a workspace script...
Yes, Copy seems to work in the manner you described and once opened with a Settings-Edit transform allows as Input any of the image versions available in the Browser...

I did not check to see if the whole workflow tree can be saved as a 'script' with/without names.

Thank you...

...den...