Some stereo observations

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Some stereo observations

Post by davidh »

With the default Display Preview button the Stereo always initially opens zoomed to 1:1. Switching to the Input Preview shows the same big zoom. Only after you switch to split screen, you get previews zoomed to fit.

The transformation always loads only one (Left) image when started. This way you always get the error thumbnail until you load the second (Right) image. It looks like there is a real error, which might lead someone into thinking that something is wrong. But it is not. It is just an inevitable first step of the transformation because the right image has to be loaded manually by the user. Wouldn't just a white flat
thumbnail be a bit more considerate?

If you expand the Right Image icon list of available images, you cannot tell easily which one is the Left Image already loaded. Could the left image be somehow highlighted in the list? For example, bold or underlined type might be a solution.

It might also help if the top level input thumbnail titles were generally left aligned to make the numbering visible.
jsachs

Re: Some stereo observations

Post by jsachs »

>> With the default Display Preview button the Stereo always initially opens zoomed to 1:1. Switching to the Input Preview shows the same big zoom. Only after you switch to split screen, you get previews zoomed to fit.

I don't see this here.

>> The transformation always loads only one (Left) image when started. This way you always get the error thumbnail until you load the second (Right) image. It looks like there is a real error, which might lead someone into thinking that something is wrong. But it is not. It is just an inevitable first step of the transformation because the right image has to be loaded manually by the user. Wouldn't just a white flat

I changed it for the next release so if there is only one image, it just gets passed through to the output.

>> If you expand the Right Image icon list of available images, you cannot tell easily which one is the Left Image already loaded. Could the left image be somehow highlighted in the list? For example, bold or underlined type might be a solution.

The input image is always the one just above the transformation.

>> It might also help if the top level input thumbnail titles were generally left aligned to make the numbering visible.

I made this change for the next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Re: Some stereo observations

Post by davidh »

>> With the default Display Preview button the Stereo always initially opens zoomed to 1:1......

some more detailes:
load two images
start Stereo
expand the dialog Right Image list
load or select a Right Image -> I get the Display Preview zoomed to 1:1

When I switch to split screen I get two zoom to fit previews. From then on switching between previews always shows zoom to fit previews.

-----

>> The transformation always loads only one (Left) image when started. This way you always get the error thumbnail until you load the second (Right) image. It looks like there is a real error, which might lead someone into thinking that something is wrong. But it is not. It is just an inevitable first step of the transformation because the right image has to be loaded manually by the user. Wouldn't just a white flat

You answered: I changed it for the next release so if there is only one image, it just gets passed through to the output.

What if there are two or more images? Only the Left Image (current image) is automatically loaded when the transformation is started no matter how many images are there in the browser. The Right Image has to be selected by the user. What I ment was that instead of error thumbnail a white empty Stereo thumbnail would look better.

-----------

>> If you expand the Right Image icon list of available images, you cannot tell easily which one is the Left Image already loaded. Could the left image be somehow highlighted in the list? For example, bold or underlined type might be a solution.

You answered: The input image is always the one just above the transformation.

In the browser, yes. But it is not easy to tell which image of those in the expanded list is the left image. They are sorted backwards in the list: the top one in the list corresponds to the leftmost in the browser. If the name of the left image in the list were made for example in bold type, it would be clear which one it is.