Juxtapose

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Juxtapose

Post by davidh »

Is there a plan to include Juxtapose in PWP8? It was a very fast and simple way to make strips of image color samples for test printing.
jsachs

Re: Juxtapose

Post by jsachs »

Layout now supports compositing images 1:1. This replaces and extends the functionality of juxtapose.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Is there a faster way to create a multicolor strip for test print?

The old PWP7 way I used to do it:
I started Crop -> set the cropping rectangle size -> moved the cropping rectangle around the image and each time used Apply.
Then I started Juxtapose and added all crops next to each other.

A new way I think of:
I start Crop -> set the cropping rectangle size -> move it to a first place -> use OK.
Since I and need to preserve the cropping rectangle diameters, I use clone a Side Branch -> dblclick the new output to activate the Crop dialog -> move the cropping rectangle elsewhere -> use OK.
I clone as many side branches as I clicked Apply the old way.
Then I start layout and add all crops next to each other.
Then I start again Crop and crop only the strip out of the Layout output.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

You can do it all inside Layout. Just insert a panel for each piece of the image you want to include, select the image into the blank panel, and set the desired crop rectangle on the input image. Setting the panel scale to "Panel size matches image size in pixels" will avoid any resampling.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

It looks like a good solution. Thanks.