An open dialog with no input image, reposted.

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Re: An open dialog with no input image, reposted.

Post by davidh »

It looks as if it does not see the output which has not been confirmed by dialog's "OK" yet.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

If # downstream images is 0, then the image tree may be messed up and almost anything can happen as a result. When you close the input image for a transformation that is still using it, I would expect a lot of errors.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

One additional seems to be that when the split screen is used and the input image is closed as described before, an attempt to close the dialog using x usually results in a crash.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I hope you are not losing your patience...

I have replaced the test version on the download page with a new one. It removes the previous debugging code, fixed some minor problems which might possibly be causing the symptoms you report (but I doubt it), and adds a new feature:

After you load your image and run the transformation, but before you click the x to close the input image, type Ctrl-D. This will pop up a small window with some numbers in it that represent the structure of the image tree. If you could take a screen shot of that and upload it or email it to me at jsachs@dl-c.com, then I can tell if the integrity of the image tree has been compromised or if the problem is in analyzing the tree to count the downstream images.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

No problem with patience. I am glad to help.
Attachments
PWP 8 Tree Dump.JPG
PWP 8 Tree Dump.JPG (25.91 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Thanks, your help is invaluable.

The tree looks OK, so now I need to examine the code that counts downstream images.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I think I found the problem. I'm willing to bet that in the image browser you have not turned on the colored button next to the + and - that highlights dependencies, and that if you do, all your problems will disappear.

I still need to fix this, but try the workaround and tell me what happens.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

I just tested it briefly (in Alpha 14-Apr.) so that you do not have to wait till tomorrow for the confirmation of your correct bet. You are absolutly right. With the Highlight image dependancy button pushed down there is only one close button: "Close the current image and all images that depend on it." Clicking it closes everything downstream including the dialog box. No crashes.
Honestly, I have not tested this Highlight image dependancy button functionality yet. I seem not to have given it enough attention until now.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

The highlight dependencies feature simply colors the thumbnails in the image browser to indicate which are upstream, downstream or unrelated to the current image. It can be useful at time to see which images a transformation depends on, either directly or indirectly.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color