Crop dialog could save Guides as part of Save as Default

This forum is closed to new entries. Please use the Picture Window Support forum instead.

Moderators: ksinkel, jsachs

Charles2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-Pro 2

Crop dialog could save Guides as part of Save as Default

Post by Charles2 »

Crop dialog could save Guides as part of Save as Default. Not a bug but a tweak to UI. I always start with Golden Ratio.
ksinkel

Re: Crop dialog could save Guides as part of Save as Default

Post by ksinkel »

First let me explain why the Guides are not saved. Save As Default saves the transformation's widget parameters. It doesn't save the Guides setting because these do not affect the outcome of the transformation and so are not needed by the widget to do its job. Of course, they conceivably could be saved. We'll take that as an enhancement request and consider it for inclusion sometime after the official release of PWP 7.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

As an aside, would it be useful to create an "enhancement requests" section of the board, where users could propose (and justify) their requests and perhaps other users could critically evaluate them or research and contribute to the idea? That would separate requests from support issues, measure their popularity/demand and keep them in one place for future reference (including closing them, if they end up being entertained by dl-c).

I'm guilty as charged of mixing requests with bug reports and support questions, but on top of trying to document and share ideas and see how off the mark they may be by listening to J. and K. responses, I also treat is as an archive of possible options to be vetted by the developers and users, which, even if not feasible now, perhaps could inspire developments in the future (or die off naturally, if misguided).
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Post by Dieter Mayr »

I like Maciej's idea, and if a own board section may not be wanted, what about a [REQ] tag at the posts subject?
Dieter Mayr