OK To Uninstall Beta Now?

This forum is closed to new entries. Please use the Picture Window Support forum instead.

Moderators: ksinkel, jsachs

frankpix
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E3
Location: Bowie, MD, near Washington DC, Baltimore and Annapolis

OK To Uninstall Beta Now?

Post by frankpix »

Kiril -

Since the PWP 7 beta has expired (as of 15 May) may I uninstall it without doing damage to my installation of PWP v6.0?

Thanx

Frank
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Re: OK To Uninstall Beta Now?

Post by Marpel »

Have you downloaded the latest Beta version? Mine still works and I think I recall seeing somewhere that it expires in June?

Having said that, I can't help you with your uninstall question.

Marv
frankpix
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E3
Location: Bowie, MD, near Washington DC, Baltimore and Annapolis

Post by frankpix »

Thank you, Marv. I completely missed it.

I looked on the beta page today and the download link seemed to refer to beta 7.0.7 - which is the one that expired on 15 May. But then tonight after reading your message I checked again and noticed that the Change Log talks about beta 7.0.8. So I did the download again and now have 7.0.8 on my computer. And it's good until June 1.

So far I really like what I see in the betas - and the program speed is impressive. It's great that a program can do so much and still run with lots of "snap" - it must be very efficiently coded. And when I read about the agonies that the Photoshop users are going thru right now I'm glad I am where I am.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

We hope to release the final version soon. In the event that it runs past June 1 there will be another beta to extend to test period.

You can uninstall the beta at any time.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color