New feature perhaps

This forum is closed to new entries. Please use the Picture Window Support forum instead.

Moderators: ksinkel, jsachs

JimK
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon F5

New feature perhaps

Post by JimK »

I've been a PWP user for years. John and Kiril, you are amazingly responsive to users. I am wondering if an "Undo Brush" could be implemented in PWP? With an "Undo Brush", after hitting "OK", you could click on the "Undo Brush" to selectively undo your last action (not the whole transformation). I've used this in another program (Sagelight) and have found it to be extremely useful, and it often takes the place of masking. The Brush options include, size, hardness, and pressure and more.

Thank you again for such a great program!

Jim
jsachs

Re: New feature perhaps

Post by jsachs »

There is a feature that lets you do this already -- it's called 1:1 cloning.

For example take and image and apply a transformation to it. You now have two images - the original and the modified version. You can clone parts of the original image back into the modified image by selecting the 1:1 option in the clone tool window. This locks the clone locations in the two image together so they are perfectly aligned. Alternatively you can clone from the modified image to the original to selectively apply the transformation where you paint. And you still have undo available to reverse any brush strokes you decide you don't like.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color