PWP 7.0.6. and 5.0.1.9. at the same PC

This forum is closed to new entries. Please use the Picture Window Support forum instead.

Moderators: ksinkel, jsachs

davidh

PWP 7.0.6. and 5.0.1.9. at the same PC

Post by davidh »

I tried to check something using PWP 5.0.1.9 32 on Win 7 64 (with PWP 7.0.6 Beta on the same box) and incidentally found that Crop/Add border transformation pops up the error message "This workflow file requires PW 6.0.0.0 or later" and then the PWP 5.0.1.9 crashes. It does not matter whether PWP 7.0.6 is also running or not. I happens with any image including those never before opened or edited in any editor. There is no .wfl nor .browseinfo file in the image source folder.
This is probably not very important but still, it might provide some useful information for tuning the PWP 7 Beta.
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Re: PWP 7.0.6. and 5.0.1.9. at the same PC

Post by Dieter Mayr »

David,

You have probably saved a default workflw file for Crop/AddBorder (Opt. -> Save As Default).
PWP5 obviously tries to read it, but as it is a PWP6 workflow you get that message.
Try to delete the file (Crop/Add Border -> Opt -> Clear Default) and it should work again with PWP5.
(I don't have V5 installed anymore here, so I did not make a practical test)
Dieter Mayr
davidh

Re: PWP 7.0.6. and 5.0.1.9. at the same PC

Post by davidh »

Dieter,
Yes, clearing the default prevented the problem, thanks for your suggestion. However the post was more about the crash after the message then the cause of the message.
It makes no big sense to have or use different versions (5.0.,6.0.,7.0.) on one PC perhaps except for checking functionalities during beta testing, and sometimes also when you do not have the heart to remove "worthy elders". In any case I now better understand what is shared.
David