PWP7.0.6-32bit -- Chromatic Aberration - OPTions

This forum is closed to new entries. Please use the Picture Window Support forum instead.

Moderators: ksinkel, jsachs

den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

PWP7.0.6-32bit -- Chromatic Aberration - OPTions

Post by den »

(1) For either a 24-bit or 48-bit color Input image with the Chromatic Aberration transform at default settings, if I relocate the mouse to click the OPT button... ..."...program has stopped working" dialog results.

All other transform features seem to work as expected: change r/b from 0/0; auto Preview checked and updates; "blink"; and an Apply/OK results with an image matching the Preview.

This is consistently happening this morning but I thought it was working last night.

Can anyone else confirm?

I have tried changing Font size from 115% back to 100% in Preferences; a system re-start; and a new PWP session to no avail.

...den...
Vista 32 Home Premium, SP2, latest version/updates
AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ processor
3 GB DDR2 dual channel RAM
2 MB ReadyBoost Cache
500GB hard drive with 100GB free space
jsachs

Re: PWP7.0.6-32bit -- Chromatic Aberration - OPTions

Post by jsachs »

As with other instances of the Opt button, clicking it in place does a Reset. I am not seeing a crash here however.

I did think the font scaling had stopped working at one point, but then it seemed to be working again so I thought maybe it was an error on my part, but if you are seeing it too there may be some kind of problem with the way the setting is stored in the Registry.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I went through and made sure all the Opt menus are offset so accidentally double-clicking on the Opt button does not select the first item in the menu (usually Reset).

It turned out the problem was with the popup help for the Opt button which was not defined -- should be fixed in the next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Post by den »

Jonathan...

Just a bit more clarification...

All I was doing was moving the mouse pointer over the transform's OPT button but not clicking... ...after about a 1/4 sec the "...program stopped working" dialog would appear.

I am back and could investigate further if helpful... ...my next steps were: (1) un-install PWP706; (2) re-start the system; and (3) re-install PWP706 with perhaps another setup.exe download if my existing copy still did not work.

Would this be worthwhile?

...den...
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

It's already fixed - it was the feature where a help box pops up when you leave the cursor over a toolbar button - normally it says "Options", but it this one case there was no string defined so it crashed.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color