Accessing folders

This forum is closed to new entries. Please use the Picture Window Support forum instead.

Moderators: ksinkel, jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Accessing folders

Post by Marpel »

Can someone advise why, when I use the browse window to go from the current folder to another folder, it starts at the C Drive PWP folder rather than the current folder? As I have my image folders on a different drive than C, I find it a bit of a pain to travel through a long route to get back to the Drive and folder I wish to access. This does not happen all the time, as sometimes it starts in the current folder and sometimes it does not. Just wondering the logic and how to ensure the current folder is the start. Can't recall that this occurred in prior PWP versions.

Thanks,

Marv
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Re: Accessing folders

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Marv,

What are your settings in "File" - "Preferences" - "Startup directory" and "Browser Root Directory" ?
I have set both to my pictures root folder ( F:\Photo , in my case)
Dieter Mayr
Marpel

Post by Marpel »

Dieter,

My settings in both the Startup directory and the Browser Root directory have been left blank. The literature indicated that, if left blank, the Startup directory reverts to the last directory prior to closing, which is what I prefer. For some reason, long forgotten now, I also thought the Browser Root directory, if left blank, would start in the current folder. As I have multiple image folders on my F Drive, perhaps it is best if I set it to that drive.

Thanks for your help.

Marv
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

Browse will revert to the last directory prior to closing assuming it is available. Otherwise it finds a likely alternate. Setting a root directory in preferences will not change that. However, setting the browse root directory in preferences will let you go to it directly by clicking the 'Display My Pictures folder' button in the browse window.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
Marpel

Post by Marpel »

Ahh, it now makes sense. Thanks to Kiril and Dieter for clearing this up.

Marv